Friday, April 10, 2009

Okay, an update about what's happening in my life right now.

Today aka Good Friday, I've bought components for my PSP online. Repair parts, basically.

There's some pros and cons to it. The pros, it's cheap. Really cheap. I bought... Okay, my dad paid for it. Anyways, as I was saying... I bought an Analog stick, those rubber pads for the buttons, and a Full Housing for only $22.80. I have no idea what currency it is. But it's still considered cheap. Comparing to having to repair it outside for over a hundred. And it's only just the analog and the rubber pads.

I bought the Analog Stick cause my analog stick is badly damaged. (duh)
I bought the Rubber Pads cause my cause my "X" button is also damaged.
The Full Housing was because I broke my casing the first time I opened it. (This wasn't totally my fault. The screw was stuck too badly. And it broke all of a sudden.)

I think it'll be a few weeks before getting the repair parts. And my school is starting... Which is Bad, Bad, and Bad.

Oh, and the cons of this is... It's probably hell to go through for a novice like me to be fixing the PSP on my own. I have no problems installing the analog stick and the rubber pads. But it's the casing that's making me nervous.

The last time I opened my PSP and fix my analog stick(or at least i tried to), I only took out the Face Plate, which means, it's only the tip of the ice berg.

And the next time, I'll be changing the whole casing. You probably won't have any idea what I'm talking about but it doesn't really matter. I just wanted to write it down, get it off my chest.

Changing the full casing will require me to remove the LCD screen, buttons, speakers, UMD reader, WiFi and stuffs... I've been researching and collecting information to help me get past this stage. I've seen videos and it's err... complicated.

Well, it'll be complicating until I'm done fixing it for the first time.
Now I'm a little nervous and excited. (≧▽≦)

Hope I will be able to repair my PSP without any problems.