Friday, March 27, 2009

Okay~ I've been busy playing games lately. I never go out at all. I'm an offically an Otaku... A geek who always stays at home.

Okay, I recently done something really stupid. Really Stupid. I wish I could rewind time. But I know it's impossible, yet...

Well, this stupid thing I did was to lubricate my PSP analog stick. I first thought, by lubricating it. The analog should become smoother to move. Hell did I know it was totally the opposite. The Analog Stick became really hard to move. And thus I had to open up my PSP. I believe the Warranty was long gone. Considering when my brother bought it. Which I have no idea when... So yes, the warranty is VOID.

Well, my action of puting lubricating oil on the Analog cause chain reaction... First, the analog stick became rough. Next, I had to unscrew the casing. And the screw was bloody damn tight. I've grinded the "+" of the screw into a "o"... And I've made my hands all raw... It hurts bad.

I managed to get the cover open. But in a very sad way. The whole part where the screw was screwed onto, broke apart. And thus I was able to open. I feel so sad hurting the PSP like that. Yes, I treat my electronical devices with care. It hurts me to see them like that.

And then I opened it up, took the Analog Stick off the cover. There it was covered with oil... And then I tried my best to remove any oil I could see from the outside. And re-inserted everything back. But after a few hours. I realised the Movements are getting jerky again. And thus I re-opened it.

This time, I opened up the Analog Stick. Which then I found out that the whole internal part was filled with oil. And I then carefully took out each and every part of the Analog stick. I was rather worried at this point. I was worried I couldn't put everything back together. I cleaned the oil away as best as I could. Used an Air Duster to blow the oil out and clean it.

And the worst part of this, was another problem that happened. The analog stick came off. But actually, I got to clean this anyways. But the Spring just popped... I have no idea what it looked like before everything had happened I had no idea. But I thought I'll worry about that later, and cleaned everything first.

After cleaning, I decided to put everything back, but I have no clue as to what to do about the spring... I played with it for a while near destroying the spring... So another problem occurred, but I hope this is still minor. It's just a small bent. And then I searched the net and found a cure... Oh and just in case you are curious what the Analog Stick looks like before and after dismantling, here's the video. YouTube Video and Google Video. They are the same video just from different hosts.

And right, if you guys out there are having the same problem I did, which was the analog stick kinds of Jams to certain direction making the character keep moving to the left or something. Here's a program that might help you guys out there using a customized firmware, JoySens 1.3. If only I had found this earlier...

I managed to put everything back, and hopefully it'll last.

Anyways, If you guys have any problems with your PSP and aren't really good and fixing things. I DON'T recommend you to open up your PSP and try fixing it yourself. But of course, DIY is much cheaper. If you buy the components and fix it yourself, I'll probably cost less than $50. But if you took it to a shop and repair it, it'll probably cost you around $100.

But heed my advice, fixing PSP is rather complicating. Okay, maybe not. But if you're not good at fixing. Please get some who knows to fix it.